- Car accidents, problems and vandalism happen to even the most careful drivers. Illinois does require that all drivers have minimum amounts of liability coverage, uninsured motorist bodily injury insurance and uninsured motorist bodily injury insurance. Medical payments, towing coverage, property damage and collision insurance may be good options, depending on where and how frequently you drive.
- Cars away at school with student
- Sports Cars
- Classic Cars
- From winter snow storms that send trees and power lines falling, to summer's hail-filled thunderstorms to tornadoes ripping across the plains and causing plenty of damage in their wake, and who can forget the story of one of the area’s biggest fires?
- Any one of these disasters, even a minor one, could set you back hundreds, if not thousands of dollars.
- Primary Home
- Seasonal/Secondary Homes
- Rental Homes
- Mobile Homes
- College dorms
If you rent a property you need to protect your assets inside your apartment with renters insurance. (clothing, furniture, jewelry, electronics). However, with renters insurance, you will be able to replace anything you own that incurs damage.
Your association's or landlord's insurance policy does not protect your personal property and belongings.
Renter's policies are cheaper then you may think and usually only cost a couple hundred, let one of our agents quote your apt today!
Even tough the common areas are typically handled by your association, but your bylaws dictate what you are responsible for insuring yourself. Some example of what you need to insurance are:
- Furniture, appliances, and other personal property items.
- Kitchen, bathroom, cabinets, fixtures, and similar items.
- Wall or floor coverings and similar upgrades to the interior.
- Special assessments coverage in the event of an unexpected common element claim.
The association's insurance policy does not cover your personal liability. If someone is injured within your property or some injuries caused by you outside your property you need your own condo policy.
We will give you many different coverage options and enhancements to add to a condo or townhouse policy. We help you understand what is covered by your association and what is not, to make sure you are getting the policy that is best fitted for your needs.
Vacant Home Insurance
A vacant home will have additional risks that are not included under a normal homeowners policy contract. Therefore, by not purchasing a vacant home policy, you will be prevented from collecting on many claims that may occur. Below are a couple examples of when you would need a vacant home policy.
- You are renovating a home before moving in or "flipping" the home for resale.
- A death in the family, or the home is for sale and left vacant for a long period of time.
- Many more..
If you have a situation like those above or you are unsure, please contact our agency. We are here to help.