If you live and own a motorcycle in the Niles, IL area, you know the importance of motorcycle maintenance for safety and to keep your bike running for many miles to come. The most challenging part of motorcycle maintenance is knowing what to check and when. The owner’s manual will provide you with a specific maintenance schedule, but to keep your bike running optimally regular checks in between will help spot warning signs of significant issues.
A Basic Check Includes:
- Monitoring fluid levels – engine and transmission oil, clutch and brake fluids to top off or for signs of leaks
- Lights and horn operation
- Tire condition – tread wear and pressure, low pressure can lead to poor handling
- Be sure the chain is lubricated and correctly adjusted
- Control operation – clutch and brake levers, gear shift, switches, and mirrors so they are all adjusted as needed and comfortable to use
- Adjust mirrors to reduce blind spots and provide the rider with the optimal field of vision to both the sides and the rear
- Check any luggage racks, top-box, bags or panniers to make sure they are secure and not rubbing on any of the bike’s moving parts.
As your motorcycle ages, it may need extra repairs at maintenance time. Be sure any items requiring repair or attention are taken care of sooner rather than later to keep your bike running properly and your rides safe.
Bob Korvas Agency Inc.
In Niles, IL, the Bob Korvas Agency Inc. helps customers find better motorcycle insurance coverage at the best possible price. Get the motorcycle insurance policy you need at a price that doesn’t make you sorry for owning a motorcycle. Call a Bob Korvas agent today to start exploring an insurance policy that best suits your motorcycle use needs.