You love your home in Niles, Illinois. Why shouldn’t you do everything you can to keep it well protected? The last thing you want is to have your gutters fall because of an ice dam or spend more on your electric bill than what is necessary. There is a checklist that you can follow to make sure that you are properly prepared for the fall weather.
- Have your A/C inspected so that you can be sure that your heater is working properly
- Use caulk and weather stripping to keep the draft out of doors and windows
- Clean your chimney as a way to avoid a fire
- Reverse fans to redistribute the warm air
- Replace batteries throughout all of the smoke detectors in your home
- Check for cracks on your driveway to ensure that the freezing rain does not widen them
- Have the roof inspected so that ice and snow does not cause shingles to fall off
- Clean the gutter to avoid clogs
Some of these projects can easily be done on your own. You may want to pick a few weekends to focus on cleaning up your home and prepping it for the colder months. There are also a few projects that you will want to work with a professional on so that you don’t encounter any real problems. The last thing you want is to ruin your roof or hurt yourself with the air-conditioning unit.
Agents at OneCall USA Bob Korvas Agency Inc.make it easy for you to protect your home in Niles, Illinois. Call today and we can begin obtaining quotes for your policy and assisting you with anything else that you may need. With a great policy, you can enjoy peace of mind in your home all year long.
Holding a garage sale is an easy way to make a quick buck. We at Bob Korvas Agency Inc. have an even easier way to save some money: shop around for homeowners insurance with an independent insurance agent. Whether you can make more by holding a garage sale or save more by shopping for a new insurance policy will depend on how much you have to sell and whether you find a cheaper homeowners insurance policy.
Get Quick Cash from a Garage Sales
If you have a bunch of stuff lying around that’s in good condition, you might be able to earn a decent chunk of change from a garage sale. When estimating how much you might make, keep in mind:
- items usually only sell for ¼ to ⅓ of their original value
- not everything you put out will sell
- how much sells will depend on how many people come to your sale
A successful garage sale might net you anywhere from the cost of a meal out to several hundred dollars.
Get Ongoing Savings by Comparing Quotes
By comparing quotes from several insurance companies, our independent insurance agents are often able to save homeowners in Niles, IL money on their premiums. You might not save hundreds of dollars in a single month by shopping for a new insurance policy with one of our agents. Over time, though, the monthly savings could add up to a sizeable sum.
To see just how much you could save on homeowners insurance, contact our office. You can reach us through our website, and one of our agents will be in touch soon to help you compare quotes on available policies. If you’ve had a garage sale recently, let us know how much you made. We’ll try to see if we can save you even more with a new homeowners policy.